TruView Business Advisors is a boutique business brokerage and advisory firm located in Houston Texas that specializes in confidentially selling privately held businesses.
You are only going to sell your business once. You need to hire the best professional broker you can find, not the biggest. TruView Business Advisors' commitment to excellence has helped forged our reputation as industry leaders.
We will do a complete evaluation of your business reviewed by a CPA and Certified Business Intermediary so that you can be sure that your asking price and deal structure reasonably reflects your business’ value. TruView Business Advisors will work with you to sell your business confidentially and help guide you through the complex process of selling your business.
1. FORMAL VALUATION OF THE BUSINESS and/or APPRAISAL: We prepare a third-party Cash Flow & ROI analysis to specifically justify the highest possible asking price. We also ensure that you are not underpriced or overpriced so that you can accomplish your goal of selling your business.
2. MAXIMIZE AND JUSTIFY THE SELLING PRICE: We utilize tools such as Analysis Software, Comps, Business and/or Land Appraisals, Detailed Demographic Information, etc. A key to selling a business for the highest price is being able to justify the selling price in a way that is understandable by a buyer and their advisor.
3. PREPARE INFORMATION NEEDED FOR THE SALE: Lease review, Lease transfer and Sub-lease requirements, Tax returns, FF&E Details, Franchise Agreement, Review of Asset Allocation issues. It must get through due diligence to be able to close escrow and we begin that process prior to even taking the listing.
4. PREPARE MARKETING PRESENTATION: Goal of Answering Key Questions so that Buyer will want a Meeting with the Seller. We focus on Upside Potential, Business Details, and Defending the business defects.
5. MARKET THE BUSINESS FOR SALE: Your ad will appear on over 100 National Business for Sale Internet Sites, Newspaper Sites, truviewbusiness.com etc. We utilize National and Houston Buyer Pools. The goal is to generate many buyers and not just one buyer.
6. SCREEN BUYER PROSPECTS: All potential buyers sign a non-disclosure statement and are screened for the ability to purchase the business.
7. ANSWER THE QUESTIONS ALL BUYERS ASK: Why are they selling? How do they justify the price? Is the income verifiable? What is the upside potential? Is the seller willing to carry or is financing available? Will it pay me a fair salary & still pay the debt service?
8. SHOW THE BUSINESS: Prepare Seller for all Meetings with Pre-Screened Buyers.
9. ASSIST IN NEGOTIATIONS AND HELP WITH PURCHASE AGREEMENT: Representing Your Interests as the Agent for the Seller Only. We handle all Negotiations which are often Detailed & Confidential. We can refer you to the most reasonable and competent local attorneys and other professionals as needed.
10. ASSIST IN DUE DILIGENCE: Contingency Sign Offs, Timing Issues, Franchisor and Landlord Issues.
11. ASSIST IN FINANCING: Qualify Business & Buyer, Promissory Note Terms, SBA & other sources.
12. ESCROW & CLOSING: Review Escrow Docs, UCC Searches, Escrow Instructions, Notes, Loans, etc.
13. ORDERLY TURNOVER PLAN: Help with Licensing, Tax Bonds, Utilities, Business Services, Banking, Entity Formation, Accounting, Legal Services, Insurance, Franchise Requirements, Training Plan etc.
- Houston, TX
- Dallas, TX
- Austin, TX
- San Antonio, TX
Why Choose TruView Business Advisors?
TruView Business Advisors is your ideal buyer’s favorite business broker. If you want to sell anything, you’ve got to see the world from your buyer’s perspective. It’s essential to understand exactly what they stand to gain and what’s important from their point of view. This will help you sell your business more quickly, for a higher price, and with a better rate of success.
Unfortunately, most business brokers have never been in the position of buying a company themselves.
That’s a part of what makes TruView different. Our founder Jason Ward has inquired about hundreds of businesses for sale (with the intention of buying, of course). So he has seen the good, the bad, and the downright ugly side of this industry from your prospective buyer’s perspective.
Confidentiality when it matters most. An astonishing number of otherwise competent business brokers routinely send confidential information about businesses without vetting buyers or even talking to them on the phone. On numerous occasions when Jason Ward was in the process of inquiring about businesses, he received the seller’s tax returns without their Social Security numbers redacted – over unsecured email.
Besides the obvious privacy issues, confidentiality is so important to safeguard your business operations.
Even if your business is profitable and successful (as most businesses for sale are), it doesn’t change the fact that employees, customers, and vendors will assume the business is failing or going out of business. As a result, they may leave, cancel credit terms, or find another business to patronize – killing your chances of a seamless exit.
Believe it or not, an alarmingly large percentage of business brokers are not educated about business basics.
As a certified public accountant, our founder is an expert at analyzing financial statements, identifying profit leaks and opportunities for improvement, and valuing businesses. He is also required to follow a rigorous Code of Professional Conduct that requires integrity, objectivity, due care, and competence, while maintaining client confidentiality.
A Business Brokerage With a Mission and Purpose. Your business is more than its P&L statement. After all, you’ve put your heart and soul into your business. No matter what your reason for selling – whether it’s to cash out and do something new, enter into retirement, or health concerns – it’s bound to be a time filled with mixed emotions.
While maximizing cash flow is certainly a primary goal in every transaction, at TruView we embrace a 360° strategy that is not all about accepting the first full-price offer.
TruView’s unique partnership with business owners allows us to market and promote your business to attract maximum value while aligning buyers with your philosophical values for long-term success.
Ultimately, we want everyone to win – including you, your employees, and even your customers. If you want the same thing, then TruView is the right business brokerage for you!
Contact Us Today